Friday, August 28, 2009

College, College, College

This week has flown by completely!! Despite the fact that I have been only practicing two hours a day, everyday just flies by.

Today the rest of the freshman begin moving into the dorms. I am super excited to meet even more people. Although I have been very blessed with my roommate. Brittany is awesome and we are getting along great. Not to mention we have lots in common...especially random little things like both hating scary movies and not liking to sleep in the total dark. =) I am also really getting to know Alayna, another girl on my floor and she is really nice. We have hit it off really well!! I am truly beginning to think that this is going to be a great year!!

Although I found some definate downfalls to college life as well. The biggest and probably most popular complaint; the food. Now I must be honest and say that the food isnt completely terrible but it really isnt good either. I had thought that I had understood what it meant to eat a good home-cooked meal. Oh no, I defiantely did not! You will never truly understand what this means until you go away to college and have to eat dorm food at least once a day.

The whole not seeing the family is very hard as well. It the small things that I miss the most. The other day I was talking with Mom and Dad when Katie did something funny and all of them started to laugh. I hadnt realized that I even missed that sound until then. That is something that I have taken for granted, just hearing their laughter everyday. And of course, I miss the hugs that I am blessed with everyday at home.

I really cant say that I love college as of yet because it really isnt college yet...just volleyball. Orientation starts tomorrow and I will be super busy for the next couple of days. Classes start on Wednesday and I cant wait for it! Just because I want to get into my rountine and figure out what college is really going to be like. Although I am going to make a guess and say that I am pretty sure that I am going to have the time of my life here! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment