Saturday, August 15, 2009

Surprise!!

Every day I am reminded about how truly blessed I am with the family that God gave me. Typically these reminders are small like listening to Katie get the giggles or Dad making everyone breakfast but today they reminded me big.

This morning started like a typical Saturday morning. Everyone was just relaxing and taking it easy. Eventually Dad and Katie left to go and run errands and Mom and I stayed behind. We ended up in the back yard playing with the puppies. (I am going to put a disclaimer here about playing tug with Jorja, she could possibly rip your arm clear out of its socket.) As we were out enjoying the sunshine, Mom mentioned that we could go and run and get some last minute things I need for the dorm. I am a strange person in that I really love running errands, as long as someone goes with me. Mom also said that we were going to go over to Jaclyn and Sami's to go swimming afterwards. This was fine by me so I put on my suit and got ready to go out with Mom.

Once done with our errands Mom and I head over to Jac and Sam's. After I get in the house I stop to put my sunglasses in the case and Mom got really impatient. Eventually I got everything put in its place and headed to the back yard. To my surprise I open the back door to find cameras and video cameras pointed in my face with my family and a few friends! My family threw me a surprise going away party!! Mom and Dad were disappointed that more of my friends couldnt make it but it didnt matter! They had made my entire weekend!

Its amazing how such a simple a gesture such as a small surprise party can make you feel so very loved. I think that I have figured out why people love surprise parties so much. Its because some people in your life have taken the time and effort to make you happy! They thought about you! I have the BEST family in the entire world! There is never a dull moment and we all would go to the ends of the earth for one another if need be. Its days like today when you realize just how important families are!

Thanks everyone for thinking of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment