Friday, August 21, 2009

this really IS happening!!

I am now official. I am completely moved into my dorm (Hewitt room 216). I have make it through me first day of volleyball. They have already seperated some of the girls for JV. I am still in the running for a Varsity spot so now its really time to kick it up a notch!

For the first day of practice in a really long time I didnt do too shabby but there is defiantly still lots of room for improvement. I felt better about the morning session then afternoon but it happens. The morning practice was really great up until we ran 1000 yards worth of sprints this morning in way less than 15 minutes! Totally crazy, I thought my legs were going to fall clear off. To give you a clue of how bad it was, Katie asked me why I was limping after pratice. The soreness is already beginning to set in so the stairs will be oh so fun tomorrow! (NOT!!)

You will be happy to hear that I am making friends and meeting lots of new people! Alayna, Amy (one of the Amys...there are several of us) and I sat and talked and it was fantastic. We just learned more about each other and it was FANTASTIC! This whole meeting people seems easier than I thought it would be and that makes me SO happy!!! Tonight we had a get together of the the athletes in Hewitt and got to meet even more people.

Today was a great start to what I hope will be an even better year! Its sure is an adventure and its only beginning! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment